Discover Maine with Moon Travel Guides!
Explore the best of Maine’s spruce-studded mountains, classic shoreline villages, and rugged character with Moon Maine. Inside you’ll find:
- Strategic itineraries for any budget and timeline, whether you’re craving fall foliage, winter sports, spring markets, or summer beaches, ranging from a ten-day road trip through the whole state, to a week exploring the coast
- Detailed maps and handy reference photos throughout
- Curated advice for history buffs, foodies, beach-goers, outdoor adventurers, and more
- Must-see attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Hike or bike through lush timberland forests, ski the slopes at Sugarloaf, or canoe down the Allagash. Sample wild blueberries, farmstead cheeses, and preserves from roadside farmers markets, find the best beachfront lobster shack, or mingle with locals over a “chowdah suppah.” Discover maritime history in a traditional fishing village, or hit the galleries, museums, and performing arts centers in Portland. Watch the boats sway in a quiet harbor, unwind on a sandy pocket beach, or immerse yourself in the secluded wilderness of Acadia National Park
- Honest advice from Maine native Hilary Nangle on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from luxury hotels and historic inns to budget campgrounds
- Recommendations for getting there and getting around by plane, car, train, or bus
- Thorough background on the culture, environment, wildlife, and history
With Moon’s local insight, diverse activities, and expert tips on experiencing the best of Maine, you can plan your trip your way!
Hitting the road? Try Moon New England Road Trip. If you’re headed north, try Moon Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island or Moon Montréal & Québec City.Moon Maine